While creating a website or promoting a product, one of the most important aspects is the audience. Every businessmen or marketeer will agree to this. Therefore increasing traffic to your website should be a priority.
So continuing to the point above, it is very important to have an active or relevant audience. The traffic coming to your website can be a deciding factor.
Having a relevant audience can help you understand and analyze your content. For eg: if the number of website visits are more but the clicks are less that means that users are visiting the website but are not finding useful or relevant content.
You can garner such changes and understand the needs of the audience. It will have the following benefits:
- It will reduce the bounce rate
- Will help you create relevant content
- Will increase the traffic as well as clicks on the website
- Better insights for optimisation
why is it important?
Well for all the new readers here let’s go back to the basics!
Organic traffic means the traffic coming from search engines (like Google, Bing, etc..) to your website without running paid ads.
Organic traffic is important as it is genuine and target based. This means that the audience is actually searching for this topic and the traffic is also relevant as compared to inorganic traffic.
Also, users trust the Google search results and the highest-ranking website will get more hits and visits ( Factors such as SEO and Page rank are very crucial) as compared to paid ads on the search engine. Users trust the organic websites more compared to paid ads, therefore it is important to get organic users. It will also help you build a target portfolio of the traffic.
TOP 5 WAYS to generate organic traffic
1. Social Media: I know I know what you are thinking! Social media is an obvious choice and it is not innovative. But hear me out, its the most underrated and under-utilised channel. People have not been able to untap the potential yet! You must know the right way to reach your audience. The most important step is to promote your content and map it to the right channel. you should know that every platform caters to a different kind of audience. for eg Twitter is for short and snappy campaigns and the Twitter audience will not be attracted to longer content. If you are a B2C company you might advertise more on Instagram and Snapchat as the visuals get more attention on these platforms.
2.Write a Catchy headline: Well to be honest one of the most important aspects of every content is headlines. Like we normally look at the title of the book to get a judgment of what the book is about. Give more attention to the headline as it will be a deciding factor for the users.
3.On-page SEO: On-page SEO is a process of individually optimizing the webpages to earn more relevant traffic. The ultimate reason for doing it is:
- Understanding the Webpage
- Using the correct/relevant keywords so that website shows up when a query is initiated on search engine
- Increase the chances of the website to show up in SERP (search engine results page) and improve page rank
4. Email Marketing: This is the most overlooked platform. It is traditional yet very conventional and effective. There are a lot of tools that provide free email marketing services and sometimes you also get a free subscription along with your hosting plan. Email marketing diverts the right audience to your website which will lead to an increase in conversions, traffic, or clicks. If you design the right kind of email designated to your audience then you will see better results. Also, a well-thought campaign can help you increase your CTR. Also, the landing page of the website should match the objective of the email otherwise the users will exit the webpage is the content is irrelevant. So choose the landing page wisely.
p.s don’t forget to add an attractive subject line to make sure users take action such as open the email/click on the link in the email.
5. Speed of the website: Thumb Rule – Always make sure the speed of your website is fast. According to backlinko.com, the average fully loaded website speed is 10.3 seconds on desktop and 27.3 seconds on mobile. The average page loading speed for a web page is 10.3 seconds on desktop and 27.3 seconds on mobile. Also, make sure that your website does not have irrelevant pages or a lot of pages as it will slow down the speed of your website
So to conclude, the organic traffic is very useful in achieving your goals. If you can drive the relevant traffic to your website then it will be easy for you to optimise and set goals.
Now I’d like to hear from you!
Which of the above strategies are you planning to implement?
What are the effective strategies proven for your website?
Either way, drop a comment below and let me know
Also if you liked our blog then don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletters (No Spamming! Promise)